If you have a virus on your computer or laptop, the main thing to do is to not panic! At PC-Dial-A-Fix, we have a team who are professionals when it comes to computer virus removal in Bristol. Call us today and we will be able to arrange the soonest time possible, for us to take a look at your computer.
A computer virus is a software program designed to replicate itself and spread to other machines. In most cases, the program is often referred to as ‘malicious’, meaning that its purpose is to cause the computer malfunction in some sort of way. There are many different computer viruses out there that are designed to track lots of different information from a variety of people, whether it be to gather bank details, remove data or to make the system crash.
Find out more about the importance of unique passwords and how they can help reduce the risk of getting hacked with PC Dial a Fix.
Types of Computer Viruses
With different people or groups attempting to retain different information from people, there is a variation of viruses out there for you to look out for. Here we have a few of the most common types of viruses that we can deal with when it comes to computer virus removal in Bristol:
- Boot Sector Virus – this type of virus has become a rare kind and was common when floppy disks were used to boot a computer. Not that the internet has evolved, the threat of the virus is now mitigated.
- Web Scripting Virus – many websites rely on codes to provide engaging content to their users, though these codes can be exploited. This can be done by a hacker simply entering the code into the comments section of a site, which in turn means that the code gets exerted into the site.
- Browser Hijacker – usually this is a less harmful type of virus where the hijacker is using this tactic to increase income from web ads. This type of virus works where they homepage of a site gets redirected to a different site.
- Resident Virus – these viruses insert themselves directly into the memory of your system and has the capability of doing many different things to your system.
- Direct Action Virus – this type of virus will only take action unless the file that has been infected is opened or executed.
These are only examples of the most common types of viruses. Our IT engineers can help with removing viruses, adware, spyware or pop-ups. Anything malicious and self-replicating that needs to be removed. In many cases viruses, worms and trojans will alter the code in your registry and load itself every time you reboot your computer. Software downloads won’t always solve this problem. In this event, our computer engineers will visit your premises to diagnose your problem.
Get in Touch for Computer Virus Removal Today!
When faced with any kind of computer virus in Bristol, you can be assured that our team of professionals will be able to help with whatever solution you need. Computer virus removal is a highly sought service, that we can provide to those in Bristol and the surrounding areas. Call us now for any of your enquiries.
We are also proud to offer our services to Chippenham and the surrounding areas.
Computer viruses are self producing programs which use various methods of transmission in order to spread infection from computer to computer. They tend to be spread through emails, sharing files, using other peoples’ discs or USBs.
Everyday thousands of new viruses, Trojans and worms are created everyday and sometimes even the best antivirus software in the world can’t protect your computer from being infected. There are a few common ways that this can happen including clicking on pop-up ads which contain Trojans, opening malicious email attachments, downloading viruses from file sharing programs, your anti virus software is up to date or that your system was infected with malware before installing anti virus software.
Once you have a virus on your computer, it may attack your antivirus software and stop it from working properly. In these cases the virus should be removed manually, at PC-Dial-a-Fix we provide a virus removal service and can remove these threats for you whilst maintaining the folders and files on your computer.
In order to prevent the spread of computer viruses and worms, at PC-Dial-a-Fix we recommend that you have an antivirus software installed onto your computer. There’s plenty of antivirus software options out there and at PC-Dial-a-Fix we can help you find a program to suit your requirements.
A virus definition is a file provided by the antivirus software vendor, it allows the antivirus program to identify a virus on a computer, virus definitions are updated frequently.