There are two main symptoms to why a laptop will overheat. Faulty cooling system or problems with the laptop fan.
In comparison to a desktop computer, a laptop is very small and contains delegate and minute parts. Therefore there are a number of reasons why a laptop would overheat. As the laptop parts are all compact it has very little breathing space, causing the laptop to overheat very quickly. If the laptop reaches high temperatures other components could start to become defective.
How can I tell if my laptop is overheating:
- Laptop fan is working at high speeds
- Laptop fan is making irritating loud sounds
- Laptop is getting unbearably hot that it burns when you touch it
- Laptop turns off randomly (Not always caused by laptop overheating)
- Laptop slows down over long periods of time
What should you do next…
- Turn your laptop off
- If need be use your laptop, but do not use for long periods of time. This could cause more damage.
- Give us a call and we will deal with it immediately. Our services include taking the laptop apart, cleaning the fan and cooling system from any dust. Checking the circuitry to ensure the correct voltage is pushing through. We will then perform dynamic tests to ensure that the laptop does not overheat.